The PhD Psychology from Heriot-Watt University Dubai is a 36-month full-time research degree conducted under the supervision of a faculty member culminating with submission of a research thesis.
The research can help diagnose and support people with mental health conditions and improve cognitive and psychological health and wellbeing across the life course.For example, it can help us understand how learners of different ages and with different levels of ability can be better supported, and show us how coaching, training and engagement can enhance performance, productivity or wellbeing.
Programme StructureResearch in psychology at Heriot-Watt University is grouped by three main themes:
- Cognition, brain and behaviour
- Lifespan health and wellbeing
- Work, society and environment.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applications will be reviewed within the department with a shortlisting decision made based on qualifications, the suitability of the research proposal and the availability of a supervisory team. Applicants must have the equivalent of a first or upper second class honours undergraduate degree in psychology or related discipline. A masters degree (with a dissertation mark of 65% or higher) or relevant research experience may also be required.
- Please submit your application via the online portal with the three supporting documents listed below and your CV.
- Please state clearly on your application that you are applying for a PhD scholarship and quote the relevant project reference.
- Research proposal (1500 words or less)
- Academic transcripts and degree certificates
International19630 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19630 EUR per year during 36 months.
National19630 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19630 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Dubai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.