- It also offers opportunities to acquire research skills and transferable skills for careers in and outside of academia. All courses are held in English.
Established in 2002, the PhD Program in Plant Science at the ETH Zurich - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology assures coursework in the following domains:
- Fundamental and applied plant sciences
- Understanding the Research Environment and the Scientific Community
- Research Management
- Communicating Science
- Career Development
All courses of the Zurich-Basel Plant Science Center have been developed to assist students in the training of research skills and transferable skills that you need for a future both, in and outside of academia.
The PSC PhD Program in Plant Sciences requires completion of 12 ECTS (credit points) from courses organized or accredited by the PSC. This includes: PSC courses, Life Science Zurich Graduate School courses, courses from Swiss Plant Science Web PhD Programs, and university courses in the area of transferable skills.
- Colloquium "Challenges in Plant Sciences"
- Technical Courses in all areas of Plant Sciences: Intensive workshop on skills,
- methods and techniques used in plant science research
- Statistical Methods
- Skill (Communicating and Science/ Professional Conduct in Research / Research Management / Professional and Development / Finance, funding and resources)
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesNatural Sciences Botany View 6 other PhDs in Natural Sciences in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at ETH Zurich - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology and/or in Switzerland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants must hold a university Master's degree (or equivalent) before starting the Plant Sciences program. Please note that we do not accept degrees from Universities of Applied Sciences (Fachhochschulen).
- Applicants must have good knowledge of English
Living costs for Zürich
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.