Cognitive Science and Language from Rovira i Virgili University is designed:
- To incorporate the doctoral students in a research group.
- To broaden the students' abilities so that they can specialise intensively in the research lines defined by the programme.
- To foster initiative in undertaking research projects with the methodology and the scientific principles of the research line in which they are working.
- To promote the acquisition of general skills related to personal and group work, participation in research projects, management of bibliographic databases, etc.
Students who successfully complete the doctoral programme will be able to work in the following areas:
- Research in the field of cognitive science.
- Teaching in the field of cognitive science, neuropsychological assessment, psycholinguistic assessment, cognitive development and language assessment, and knowledge engineering.
The interdisciplinary training offered by this doctoral degree provides its graduates with tools that allow them to become competent professionals who are sought in fields such as information technology, cultural management, publishing, public administration, journalism and other communication sciences.
- Linguistics of corpus: extraction of information (A. Martí, I. Castellon, UB)
- Lexicology, lexicography and terminology (UPF) (Natàlia Català Torres (Dept. of Romance Studies), URV)
- Theoretical Linguistics
- Linguistic (UAB) computacional (UPF)
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
To enter you must pre-enrol during one of the following stages:
- 08/07 - 02/11
- 11/01 - 01/03
- 15/06 (at the request of the program coordinator)
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Cognitive Sciences Linguistics View 3 other PhDs in Language Studies in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A degree in Psychology, Philosophy, Linguistics, Translation and Interpreting or Philology.
- Proof of research skills.
- Proof that the research topic falls within the research lines offered in the programme and that a member of the teaching staff agrees to supervise the preparation of new doctoral theses.
- The inter-university master's degree in Cognitive Science and Language directly qualifies graduates to apply for admission to the doctoral programme by submitting only the general documentation required by the university for enrolment.
- Applicants with another degree similar must attach: A brief description of a possible topic of interest for the thesis project, A sample of written work reflecting their interests and research skills, 2 letters of reference to support their application for this doctoral programme.
- Curriculum vitae
- Spanish identity card, passport or Foreigners’ Identity Number (NIE), if it is the first time you have studied at the URV.
International766 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 766 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA548 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 548 EUR per year during 36 months.
- Approximate cost for first year
- Second and successive academic year for both EU and NON-EU students - 548€
Living costs for Tarragona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.