Nanoscience, Materials and Chemical Engineering from Rovira i Virgili University aims to build and strengthen research capacities through advanced practice in a research project that allows the students to prepare and defend a doctoral thesis based on original research.
During the period of preparation of the doctoral thesis, the programme will develop the generic competencies that are necessary for a successful career in any of the above areas.
The doctoral degree allows students to obtain the knowledge and skills needed to work in the following areas:
- Research and development.
- Auxiliary teaching and services in industry related to experimentation and logistic design involving new nanostructured and catalytic materials, devices, nanomedicine, biomedicine, cosmetics, biomaterials, water treatment and purification, membrane technology, etc.
- Polymer design and computational data analysis and modelling.
- Training in mobility and scientific exchange
- Drafting of a doctoral thesis in English
- Training in RDI management
- Multidisciplinary seminars
- Doctoral symposia (presentation of a research project)
- Recognised activities (general external and internal courses)
- Symposia for future doctors
Aleksandra Rózek, Alex Fragoso Sierra, Allan Donald Mackie, Anna Mª Segarra González, Anton Vernet Peña, Azael Fabregat Llangostera, Christophe José Bengoa, Ciara O'Sullivan, Clara Salueña Pérez, Cristina Urbina Pons, Daniel Montané Calaf, Dieter-Thomas Boer, Emilio Palomares, F. Xavier Grau Vidal, Francesc Díaz González, Francesc Castells Piqué, Francesc D'assís Giralt Prat,
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
To enter you must pre-enrol during one of the following stages:
- 08/07 - 02/11
- 11/01 - 01/03
- 15/06 (at the request of the program coordinator)
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Materials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Letters of recommendation
- A letter of motivation
- Curriculum vitae
- Spanish identity card, passport or Foreigners’ Identity Number (NIE), if it is the first time you have studied at the URV.
- Publications, additional postgraduate studies and professional experience.
- Proof of knowledge of English. English level above 80 points for the internet-based TOEFL test (IBT) or above 550 points for the paper-based TOEFL test (PBT), First Certificate or equivalent.
International766 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 766 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA548 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 548 EUR per year during 36 months.
- Approximate cost for first year
- Second and successive academic year for both EU and NON-EU students - 548€
Living costs for Tarragona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.