Erasmus Mundus - Quaternary and Prehistory from Rovira i Virgili University general objectives are:
- To incorporate the doctoral students in a research group.
- To broaden the students' abilities so that they can specialise intensively in the research lines defined by the programme.
- To foster initiative in undertaking research projects with the methodology and the scientific principles of the research line in which they are working.
- To promote the acquisition of general skills related to personal and group work, participation in research projects, management of bibliographic databases, etc.
- To train students to acquire the capacity for archaeological management.
- To develop strategies for dissemination and communication of science.
- To prepare the doctoral thesis.
Students who successfully complete the doctoral programme will be able to work in the following areas:
- Research in research centres and national and international universities in the fields of prehistory, human evolution and quaternary, and their respective specialities.
- University teaching.
- Socialisation of science in museums, education companies and other public and/or private companies teaching prehistory and cultural and heritage management.
- Preventive archaeology in national and international companies or public bodies.
- Geoarchaeology and micromorfology
- Quaternary Climate
- Socialization of heritage
Alfredo Pérez González (CENIEH), Ana Gracia Téllez (UAH), Andoni Tarriño Vinagre (CENIEH), Anne-Marie Moigne (MNHN), Antonio Rosas (MNCN), Carlo Peretto (UNIFE), Christophe Falguères (MNHN), Dominique Grimaud-Hervé (MNHN), François Semah (MNHN), Ignacio Marítnez Mendizábal (UAH),
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
To enter you must pre-enrol during one of the following stages:
- 08/07 - 02/11
- 11/01 - 01/03
- 15/06 (at the request of the program coordinator)
DisciplinesArchaeology History Ancient History View 5 other PhDs in History in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Basic training in one of the disciplines of research on human evolution, the Quaternary and prehistory.
- Experience in field or laboratory work.
- Curriculum vitae
- Spanish identity card, passport or Foreigners’ Identity Number (NIE), if it is the first time you have studied at the URV.
International766 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 766 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA548 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 548 EUR per year during 36 months.
- Approximate cost for first year
- Second and successive academic year for both EU and NON-EU students - 548€
Living costs for Tarragona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.