With this vision, the mission of the Electrical and Electronics Engineering program from Bilkent University is to provide our graduates with the knowledge and skills needed for high quality engineering work as well as advanced engineering research and to equip them with a broad intellectual spectrum in order to prepare them for diverse and competitive career paths.
As individuals and as members of a team, our majors will have successful careers in the academic environment, industrial or government organizations. They will be able to pursue advanced degrees in diverse fields and continue professional development. We prepare our graduates to be able to function in national/international/multi-cultural corporations and organizations.
Preparing and defending a dissertation based on original research is the essence of the program. A paper based on the candidate's thesis must be accepted or published in a reputable journal before the dissertation can be defended.
The expected duration to complete the Ph.D. program is eight semesters for students who enter the program after an M.S. degree, and ten semesters for those who enter after a B.S. degree. The maximum durations are twelve and fourteen semesters, respectively.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ph.D. Dissertation
- Research Methods and Academic Publication Ethics
- Academic Practices
- EEE Graduate Seminar
- Digital Communications Theory
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
21 credit units of course work beyond the M.S. level or 42 credits of course work beyond the B.S. level is required.
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 5 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in Turkey
- Submission of ALES (Akademik Personel ve Lisansüstü Eğitimi Giriş Sınavı/Academic Personnel and Postgraduate Education Entrance Exam) or GRE scores. GMAT scores are required for graduate programs in Business Administration.)
- Fluency in written and oral English. Please see the websites of each graduate school for the list of accepted tests.
- Official transcripts.
- Recommendations from instructors or others qualified to evaluate academic ability.
International14500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14500 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National6258 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6258 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
- 14,500 USD for international students and 45.000 TL for Turkish students
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.