The Materials Science and Nanotechnology program from Bilkent University spans from the fundamental to the applied and innovative research and equips the students with the necessary knowledge and cutting-edge skills to grow into scholar and practicing scientists and researchers who will not be afraid to delve into and be able to offer creative solutions to the challenging problems of today and tomorrow.
The courses to be taken by the MSN graduate students should focus on the subject of their own thesis work.
- Research Methods and Academic Publication Ethics
- Academic Practices
- Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
- Ph.D. Thesis
- Core Graduate Courses
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
21 credit units of course work beyond the M.S. level or 42 credits of course work beyond the B.S. level is required.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Molecular Sciences General Engineering & Technology View 5 other PhDs in Materials Science & Engineering in Turkey
- Submission of ALES (Akademik Personel ve Lisansüstü Eğitimi Giriş Sınavı/Academic Personnel and Postgraduate Education Entrance Exam) or GRE scores. GMAT scores are required for graduate programs in Business Administration.)
- Fluency in written and oral English. Please see the websites of each graduate school for the list of accepted tests.
- Official transcripts.
- Recommendations from instructors or others qualified to evaluate academic ability.
International14500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 USD per year during 48 months.
National6258 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6258 USD per year during 48 months.
- 14,500 USD for international students and 45.000 TL for Turkish students
Living costs for Ankara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.