A team of renowned academics will deliver innovative master classes and international schools. You will enjoy excellent facilities and have an opportunity to avail of very attractive funding schemes.
The Education (Structured) programme of the Mary Immaculate College, University of Limerick has a collaborative link with the Structured PhD programme in the Faculty of Education and Health Sciences, University of Limerick which will provide you with opportunities for mobility between programmes on both campuses.
Blended learning through Moodle will be used to support students throughout the programme.
Students are allocated supervisors and work with a supervisory panel. There is periodic assessment and guidance to ensure you complete your PhD within a four year period. Guided by Professional Development Planning, you can organise your coursework and research activities over the course of your studies.
There are numerous career opportunities that are available to graduates of the structured PhD in Education. The most common is the access to teach and work in higher education where a PhD is often required as a minimum qualification. Additionally it provides a useful qualification to progress leadership roles within a variety of educational institutions and schools.
- Epistemological and Ontological Foundations of Education
- Paradigms, Policies and Practices
- Principles and Practices of Research Design in Education
- Critical and Interpretive Research in Educational Settings
- Complementary Art and Science Research Methods
- Teaching for Social Justice and Inclusion
- Applicants will normally hold a Masters degree in Education, or a minimum of 2.1 Honours degree in Education, a higher diploma or a graduate diploma in Education, or a cognate discipline
- Evidence of academic standing and/or relevant professional experience that will satisfy Graduate Studies in Education of your suitability for doctoral studies
- Letters of reference from two academic referees who can assess your intellectual ability, maturity and motivation
- Applicants for whom English is not a first language must provide evidence of their proficiency level in English
International8781 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8781 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA4403 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4403 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Limerick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.