The Mathematics program from Instituto Superior Técnico includes courses in algebra and topology, numerical analysis and applied analysis, real analysis and functional analysis, differential equations and dynamical systems, mathematical physics, geometry, logic and computation, probability and statistics.
The PhD Program in Mathematics consists of coursework and in completing a thesis under the direction of a faculty member of the Department of Mathematics. Classes with foreign students enrolled are taught in English.
The aim of the PhD Program in Mathematics is to prepare students to become research scholars in an academic or industrial environment.
- Advanced Topics in Multivariate Analysis
- Advanced Topics in Probabilities and Stochastic Processes
- Algebraic Geometry
- Bifurcation Theory in Differential Equations
- Boundary Element Methods and Applications
- Calculus of Variations and Partial Differential Equations
- Category Theory
- Commutative Algebra
- Discrete Dynamical Systems
- Ergodic Theory and Hyperbolic Dynamics
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics View 3 other PhDs in Applied Mathematics in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- 2nd Cycle degree (Master's) or a pre-Bologna bachelor degree with 5 years duration. This degree need not be in Mathematics, but the candidate should have a good Mathematics record.
- Admission to the doctoral program is based on past academic performance.
International7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA1063 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1063 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Lisbon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.