There are collaborations with other sciences and practical work in connection with medical and engineering problems, such as wind power.
Examples of employment after graduation of Mathematics at Aarhus University
The employment of PhDs takes place in a wide range of positions, such as statistical and medical companies, the wind turbine industry, financial institutions, research or teaching.
The main research areas in Pure Mathematics are:
- Algebra and Discrete Mathematics: Algebraic geometry and commutative algebra, algebraic groups and quantum groups, computer algebra, coding theory and cryptography, representation theory for Lie algebras, computational algebraic geometry.
- Analysis: Mathematical physics, spectral theory, spectral geometry, representation theory, analytic number theory, harmonic analysis, Lie groups, K-theory, C*-algebras, scattering theory, mathematical physics of fields and particles, magnetic fields and superconductivity.
- Geometry and Topology: Algebraic K-theory, homotopy theory, differential geometry, Kaehler geometry, gauge theory, quantum field theory, geometric quantization of symplectic varieties, quantization of moduli spaces, topology of smooth mapping germs, singularity theory.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
There are several intakes throughout the year. GSNS must receive your application for a PhD position at least three months (for EU citizens) or four months (for international citizens) prior to the preferred start date.
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Financial Mathematics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Personal information
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic background
- Financing - indicate sources and amounts of possible financial support, if any. Also, please see the "Financing and prospective supervisors" section above.
- Plan of study
- Project description for open calls (½-4 pages) - describe your ideas and research plans for your project.
Living costs for Aarhus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.