The Doctoral Programme in Nursing Science at University of Turku is well known for its research and education both nationally and internationally. It is an integral part the University of Turku Department of Nursing Science which is among the best corresponding units in Finland and Europe. Doctoral candidates are involved in the national and international nursing and health science community, where the Doctoral Programme in Nursing Science has strong integration.
DPNurs is part of five networks of doctoral education in nursing science, which offer wide selection of doctoral education. The Doctoral Programme in Nursing Science is part of the Finnish Doctoral Education Network in Nursing Science which covers all the Finnish universities providing doctoral education in nursing science.
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Ethics of Academic Research(in English)
- Literature Reviews in Health Sciences(in English)
- Language Studies (freely chosen)
- General Transferable Skills (freely chosen)
- Tools for career building and Life after PhD(in English)
- From Research to Scientific Publication(in English)
- Nursing Education Research(in English)
- Digital Interventions in Nursing and Health(in English)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Check the application period.
- Read the instructions of the Faculty and the Doctoral Programme carefully.
- If you are going to verify your language skills with a language test, make sure that you book your test time well in advance. It is the applicant’s responsibility to make their own language test arrangements.
- Get the required signatures in time and prepare the appendix documents.
- Fill in the electric application form.
- Remember to apply in time. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be processed.
- Please keep your original degree certificates and other relevant educational documents at hand during the application process.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 48 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Turku
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.