University of Turku offers a phd in Economics.
- a 4-year doctoral programme
- an array of disciplines and research fields where to make your doctoral studies
- the possibility to study full-time or part time in a slower pace
- the degrees of Doctor of Science in Economics and Business Administration, Doctor of Philosophy and Doctor of Social Sciences
Areas of expertise:
- management control
- networks in business
- economic policy and markets
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEconomics View 6 other PhDs in Economics in Finland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The application must include a one-page letter of motivation. In the letter, the applicants must state reasons why they are applying specifically to the University of Turku and to the chosen major subject. The applicants must also express the novelty value the intended research would bring to the scientific field. The letter must also include the applicant’s reflections on their professional aspirations.
- The application must include a high quality research plan prepared by the candidate.
- Applicants must be proficient in Finnish or English to be able to take part in teaching and to communicate with the university staff. In practice, engaging with the international scientific community requires proficiency in English.
- Additionally, the applicant’s ability to study full time as well as a realistic financing plan as a part of the research plan are advantageous for the applicant.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 48 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Turku
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Salaried position as a doctoral candidate
- Working in an externally funded research project
- Full-time scholarship
- Employment outside of the university, in business or in other organizations
- Various funding instruments for shorter time periods or for researcher mobility
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.