Informatics is the science field based on Computer Science and Computational Science.
In the Informatics programme at Kaunas University of Technology the research is carried out using mathematical models of analysed object or system, creating corresponding simulation algorithms and obtaining the results important for science and practice.
PhD students investigate the research fields of data analysis, signal and image analysis, simulation modelling, computational intelligence, physically-based behavior, development and analysis of general dynamic models, cryptography algorithms, systems formalization and high-level transformation of specifications, etc.
Some of the research fields can as also be categorized in the scientific field of Informatics Engineering, depending on the dominant aspect of the model’s implementation – mathematical model of a system or engineering-architectural aspect.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Heuristic Algorithms
- Mathematical Models in Informatics
- Neural Networks and Neurocomputing
- Parallel and distributed calculations: algorithms and their complexity analysis
- Systems analysis and simulation
- Digital Signal Processing Methods and Applications
- Methods of Information Technologies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Health Informatics View 3 other PhDs in Computer Sciences in Lithuania
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- At least 2 reference(s) must be provided.
- Official legalised Bachelor’s and Master’s diplomas or a higher education degree equivalents and academic transcripts.
- Copy of passport
- Curriculum Vitae
- References by two academic referees or researchers of the science field
- List of scientific publications (also accepted publications)
- Copies of scientific publications
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Living costs for Kaunas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.