The doctoral program is designed for those who aspire to careers in counselor education at colleges and universities; teaching, counseling and supervision at community colleges; director of counseling programs in P-12 programs; consultation to community agencies, business/industry and/or state departments; counseling and supervisory positions in student development; and/or, mental health private practice counseling. Graduates will complete the program with the coursework to apply for a mental health counseling license.
The Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision at Kansas State University requires a minimum of 96 hours post-baccalaureate and includes coursework in professional counseling, clinical and research, culminating in a dissertation that is a unique contribution to the field. Students develop an area of focus constructed of 6 hours of courses outside of the department planned with concurrence of the committee. The program includes a minimum of 12 hours of dissertation research.
The program is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs, or CACREP. The organization accredits graduate programs that prepare counselors, counseling supervisors and counselor educators. The CACREP accreditation represents the gold standard in counselor education.
- Theories of Vocational Counseling
- Professional Counseling Ethics
- Advanced Group Counseling
- Advanced Counseling Appraisal
- Advanced Counseling Theory
- Counseling Supervision Practicum
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Counselling View 14 other PhDs in Counselling in United States
- All international students admitted to the Graduate School must demonstrate the same level of achievement as U.S. students. That is, they must hold a degree from an established institution comparable to a college or university in the United States, have an outstanding undergraduate record, have the demonstrated ability to do graduate work, and provide evidence of language proficiency sufficient for the pursuit of a graduate degree. Admission may be denied to students from technical schools, which may provide excellent training in special areas, but do not offer degrees equivalent to those of colleges and universities. As a rule, students from abroad are not admitted to nondegree status (that is, as special students). Questions about the qualifications of international students should be directed to the Graduate School.
International13410 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 428 USD per credit during 36 months.
National13410 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 428 USD per credit during 36 months.
In-State13410 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 428 USD per credit during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.