The Hospitality Administration Ph.D. from Kansas State University requires a minimum of 90 semester credit hours beyond the bachelor’s degree, including 15 credit hours of dissertation research.
The number of hours from a previously completed master’s degree which may be counted toward the 90 hour requirement is decided by the student’s supervisory committee and the Graduate School.
A maximum of nine credit hours can be transferred from graduate work completed after the master’s degree at another accredited university. Doctoral students are required to pass both written and oral preliminary examinations prior to admission to candidacy.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research and Applied Theories in Consumer Behavior in Foodservice and Hospitality Management
- Administration of Dietetics and Hospitality Programs
- Advances in Foodservice and Hospitality Management
- Grantsmanship and Publication
- Dissertation Proposal Seminar
- Food Production Management
- Seminar in Foodservice and Hospitality Management
- Administration of Foodservice and Hospitality Organizations
- Financial Management and Cost Controls for the Hospitality Industry
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Hospitality Management View 133 other PhDs in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- All international students admitted to the Graduate School must demonstrate the same level of achievement as U.S. students. That is, they must hold a degree from an established institution comparable to a college or university in the United States, have an outstanding undergraduate record, have the demonstrated ability to do graduate work, and provide evidence of language proficiency sufficient for the pursuit of a graduate degree. Admission may be denied to students from technical schools, which may provide excellent training in special areas, but do not offer degrees equivalent to those of colleges and universities. As a rule, students from abroad are not admitted to nondegree status (that is, as special students). Questions about the qualifications of international students should be directed to the Graduate School.
International21524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21524 USD per year during 36 months.
National21524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21524 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State11856 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11856 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.