Research in marketing may examine how a market operates from a socioeconomic view or it may study how consumers (either individual or institutional) respond to the marketing activities of suppliers. This, in turn, leads to questions of how to manage these activities to better serve suppliers or the community as a whole.
The study of buyer behavior includes modeling individual and group perceptions, preferences, judgments, and choices. Research in marketing management may focus on product and service design, sales response function modeling, marketing strategy, pricing, measuring the effectiveness of communications efforts, and incentive and control mechanisms for managing channel relationships. Marketing research methods seek to improve study design as well as data collection and analysis to further organizational objectives.
Members of the Marketing Department serve on the editorial boards and/or as ad hoc reviewers for numerous prestigious journals.
- Research Methodology in Marketing
- Consumer Behaviour
- Human Judgment and Decision Making
- Marketing Models
- Marketing Theory
- Individual Research
- Experimental Design for Behavioural Science
Admissions to the Business PhD program are based on the following criteria
- Previous academic record: Applicants must have an undergraduate degree from a recognized university and sufficiently high grades. They should also have a grade point average (GPA) for the last two years of full-time study of at least 3.0 out of 4.0 on the University of Alberta grade scale and from Canadian or American schools with a comparable scale.
- GMAT or GRE score
- Letters of reference
- Statement of purpose
- Availability of a suitable supervisor
International9250 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 CAD per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA5635 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5635 CAD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Edmonton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.