Our approach in our graduate level training is to motivate students to conduct ground breaking research in materials science, nanotechnology, and mechanical engineering. The Materials Science and Mechanical Engineering program of the Abdullah Gül University (AGU) is conducted in English.
In order to graduate, candidates are required to accomplish at least 7 courses with 21 credits (if an earlier M.Sc. degree earned) or 14 courses with 42 credits (if only B.Sc. degree earned), and a seminar course. Each candidate for the Ph.D. degree must succeed in a proficiency exam and submit a thesis based on original research and/or application in related fields.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Composite Materials
- Organic Materials and Applications
- Advanced Reactions in Materials Science
- Physics of Solids
- Molecular Photochemistry
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 5 other PhDs in Mechanical Engineering in Turkey
- Bachelors or Masters degree diploma
- Proof of English proficiency (YDS, YÖKDİL, TOEFL or Abdullah Gül University English Proficiency Exam)
- Have enough ALES grades stated by the program The Equivalency Table between 4.00 and 100 Grading Systems prepared by Council of Turkish Higher Education (YÖK) serves as the basis for GPA conversions
- The ALES score of applicants who apply to a PhD program with only a bachelor's degree should be minimum 80 and their GPA should be minimum 3.00/4.00
Living costs for Kayseri
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.