Around ten doctoral candidates will be admitted to the programme per year, and they will undertake novel research focusing on innovation and entrepreneurship in the field of energy. Of these ten or more doctoral projects, one will focus on the field of business and entrepreneurship, rather than engineering sciences. The main research language will be English.
The Environomical Pathways for Sustainable Energy Services programme of the Polytechnic University of Catalonia has the following objectives:
- To ensure doctoral degree holders have a high level of base knowledge about materials, physics, chemistry, nanotechnology and biotechnology, in order to find new and better ways of producing and transforming energy, distribution, management, and use.
- To provide a high level of competence in the understanding of quality engineering in the field of corporate and sustainable energy.
- To provide specific education and training using the “well-to-wheel” perspective, a concept that provides a complete overview of the field, from available energy resources (the well) to usable energy services (the wheel).
- To involve various businesses (both large ones and SMEs) and work together with them.
- To develop a new group of future business leaders with corporate social responsibility in the field of energy.
- To bring new efficient energies to the market as products in as little time as possible.
- To assist SMEs and provide them with access to the results of high-level research.
- Energy problems are typically multi-disciplinarial not only in the sense that different science and engineering disciplines are necessary but also that the social and management sciences (e.g. regarding business strategies) will have to play a critical role.
- This Doctoral programme puts equal emphasis to the social, economic, managerial as well as cultural aspects to the development of our PhD candidates.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSustainable Development Sustainable Energy Environmental Sciences View 6 other PhDs in Environmental Sciences in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants to the Select+ doctoral programme must hold a master’s degree in science equal to 120 ECTS credits
- Applicants must provide proof of their proficiency in the English language via an internationally recognised exam
- A certified copy of the Master of Science degree in its original language and translated into English
- A certified copy of the academic transcript in its original language and translated into English (GPA minimum is 75% of the possible maximum).
- A CV that includes details about the applicant’s academic background
- A motivation letter indicating the reasons for which the applicant wishes to participate
- A declaration indicating the applicant’s research interests and ideas for the design of the research behind the project (maximum 2,500 characters)
- A copy of the applicant’s passport or some other type of identifying document
- Two letters of recommendation
International667 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2001 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
EU/EEA667 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2001 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.