Agricultural Economics Candidates can do their PhD within the JPPAE at the University of Göttingen and Talca. Interested applicants should contact both coordinators in Göttingen and Talca in order to find funding opportunities for a PhD.
By taking part in one of our programs, our PhD-students benefit from the international very well cross-linked Agricultural Faculty and its excellent reputation. Our research oriented PhD-program “Agricultural Economics” is dedicated to combine theoretical knowledge of agricultural topics with practical solutions.
We offer get a very well-distinguished education in agribusiness and its neighbouring fields of study.
- Over the first year, PhD students in the program take courses in a well-established international PhD-Program Agricultural Aciences in Göttingen
- Field work and data collection begins in the second year.
- The third year is spent at the University of Talca, where participants carry out their PhD research in dynamic scientific environment.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There is no deadline for submitting applications.
DisciplinesEconomics Econometrics Agriculture View 3 other PhDs in Agriculture in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A consecutive Master degree or Licenciatura in a relevant field of study with an excellent grade
- excellent English proficiency
- two letters of recommendation
- agreement to provide PhD-supervision from a member of one of the participating departments
- special qualification, which will be evaluated within an interview
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Göttingen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.