The PhD programme Geoscience from University of Göttingen, is based on three research foci of the faculty.
The extent and nature of volcanic eruptions are determined by the physical properties of melts and their chemical evolution in the magma reservoir.
The geochemical composition, isotopic tracers and the physical properties of the magmas are examined analytically and experimentally. They make it possible to reconstruct the origin, depth and activity of magma chambers.
- Coupling processes between the geosphere, hydrosphere, atmosphere and biosphere
- Dynamics and transport processes of the lithosphere
- Coupled processes in Georeservoirs
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- For the preconditions for admission (among others the proof of sufficient English language skills) and further information about the application for this PhD programme please read the Application regulation ("Zugangsordnung").
- For further questions please contact your prospective PhD supervisor.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Göttingen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.