Art History programme at University of British Columbia opens with the rigorous two-term required Methodology seminar led by two professors who are specialists in divergent areas. Seminar offerings within the Department are broad and diverse, and students are encouraged to take seminar coursework outside the Department as well.
This typically provides our students with ways of complementing their art history courses either by pursuing their specialization or by extending the scope of their studies. We have well-established links with Social Geography, History, Anthropology, Women's Studies, the Institute of European Studies, the Institute of Asian Research, the Latin American Institute, and First Nations Studies, amongst others.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Early Medieval Art
- Medieval Art
- Art of the Renaissance
- 17th and 18th-Century Art
- 19th-Century Art
- 20th-Century Art
- Canadian Art
- North American Architecture
- Chinese Art
- Japanese Art
- South & Southeast Asian Art
- Indigenous Arts of the Americas
- Methodology of Art History
- Historical Frameworks in Critical & Curatorial Studies
- Contemporary Contextual Issues for Critical and Curatorial Practice
- Case Studies in Exhibitions and Institutions
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArt History View 3 other Masters in Art History in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants have to submit transcripts from all past post-secondary study. Document submission requirements depend on whether your institution of study is within Canada or outside of Canada.
- A minimum of three references are required for application to graduate programs at UBC. References should be requested from individuals who are prepared to provide a report on your academic ability and qualifications.
- Many programs require a statement of interest, sometimes called a "statement of intent", "description of research interests" or something similar.
- Students in research-based programs usually require a faculty member to function as their supervisor. Please follow the instructions provided by each program whether applicants should contact faculty members.
- Permanent Residents of Canada must provide a clear photocopy of both sides of the Permanent Resident card.
International8952 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8952 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5095 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5095 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.