This Executive PhD Program program at Antwerp Management School is designed for senior executives with over 10 years of relevant management experience, who work in organizations that are predominantly internationally oriented. A significant proportion is expected to hold board-level or CEO positions. Participants should have a commitment to life-long learning, and personal and leadership development.
- are able to generate, interpret and transfer academic knowledge within your professional and academic network;
- might join the Faculty team at Antwerp Management School and continue your research activities in one of our Expertise Centers.
- master business research tools and methods and be able to independently apply them to practical business challenges;
- possess knowledge and experience in academic publishing and case writing.
- Acquire the latest theoretical and practical insights in your chosen management field.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop original contributions to existing knowledge.
- Be part of a top ranked international management school.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The Executive PhD is divided into 2 general stages. Stage 1 leads to the preparation of a PhD research proposal. Stage 2 focuses on supervised research, advanced teaching competencies and lecturing skills, and culminates in the defense of a doctoral dissertation. The program contains both compulsory and elective elements, which should result in a PhD degree within 4 years.
- Marynissen, Hugo, DBA
- Cambré, Bart, Prof. Dr.
- De Vos, Ans, Prof. Dr.
- Marynissen, Hugo, Dr.
- Matthyssens, Paul, Prof. Dr.
- Poels Truus, Dr.
- Blomme, Rob, Prof. Dr.
- Briner, Rob, Prof. Dr.
- Busi, Marco, Dr.
- Dul, Jan, Prof. Dr.
- Ladkin, Donna, Prof. Dr.
- Lauder, Mike, Dr.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
- Regular mandatory meetings
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Communication Sciences Management, Organisation & Leadership
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
We only admit participants to the Executive PhD Program with an intrinsic motivation and willingness to contribute to academic research and to become the next generation business leaders. Candidates must hold an MBA or Master’s degree from an accredited academic institution, have at least ten years of professional experience in the field of management and demonstrate academic and professional progression. The program is taught in English. Excellent oral and written knowledge of English is therefore required. Applicants whose native language is not English might be required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Participants should have at least ten years of professional experience in the field of management
International15775 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 63100 EUR for the full programme during 48 months.
National15775 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 63100 EUR for the full programme during 48 months.
- The program tuition fee for the 2020 – 2024 PhD cohort is € 63.100 (VAT exempt):
- Year 1 + 2: € 37.100
- Year 3 + 4: € 26.000
- (Additional year: € 7000)
Living costs for Antwerpen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.