The Doctor of Medicine at University of Auckland is a professional postgraduate doctorate involving advanced study and research. This research can directly investigate current clinical and practice issues.
Completing this degree enables candidates to provide leadership in the profession through their advancement and dissemination of knowledge. The degree may be undertaken on or off campus and may report research that has been undertaken prior to enrolment for the degree if it hasn’t been submitted as part of a previous degree or diploma.
The research undertaken during your MD can be directly applied toward clinical and practice issues. Completing this degree enables candidates to provide leadership in the profession through their advancement and dissemination of knowledge. We advise that the University of Auckland is not involved in the employment of graduates and can make no guarantee of post-qualification registration or employment in New Zealand or any other country.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- On entry to the MD programme, you will be enrolled provisionally.
- By the end of your first year, you must meet a number of goals to be confirmed into the MD programme.
- After confirmation, you will continue to work on your research before submitting your thesis for examination, usually after three years and within four years of your start date. The examination process may include an oral exam.
- There is a provision for candidates to report on original research completed before entry to the MD programme, provided it has not been submitted as part of a previous degree or diploma.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- If you are a New Zealand student, you must enrol within 3 months of your unconditional offer.
- If you are an International student, you must enrol in the programme within 6 months of your unconditional offer.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Meeting our academic requirements does not guarantee entry.
- You must demonstrate an ability to research independently, and possess a high level of theoretical understanding. Acceptance is subject to staff availability for supervision, and appropriate resources and facilities.
- All students must meet our English-language requirements as a condition of entry.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31859 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31859 USD per year during 36 months.
National5251 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5251 USD per year during 36 months.
- National: NZ$7,329.60
- International: NZ$44,464.80
Living costs for Auckland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.