The Doctor of Philosophy degree is generally completed over a period of four years full-time or eight years part-time.
Candidates from the Health Sciences program at the Swinburne University of Technology undertake research, which may be pure, exploratory, experimental and/or creative, and are required to submit a written research thesis, a written research thesis including associated papers, or an artefact with an accompanying exegesis.
The examinable outcome will normally be equivalent to 70 000 to 100 000 words. Where the examinable outcome takes the form of a thesis, it is acknowledged that thesis length can vary according to the nature of the work and the discipline.
Throughout your candidature you will receive guidance and support from your research supervisors. You will also have the opportunity to participate in a number of research training sessions on topics such as thesis writing, publishing and presenting.
This program is suited to applicants who:
- have some prior research experience
- are interested in a pursuing a career in research
- have a desire to make an original contribution to research in a particular field
- have a naturally inquiring mind and a desire to know more
- wish to gain an internationally recognised qualification
- want to enhance their employment opportunities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Students completing a PhD in Health Sciences can work with supervisors who are experts in a diverse range of areas. Our supervisors’ specialities include, but are not limited to:
- Psychology (e.g. social, clinical, forensic, developmental, educational)
- Neuroscience (e.g. cognitive neuroscience, neuroimaging, neuromarketing, psychopharmacology, neurodegenerative disease, neurodevelopmental disorders)
- Health Sciences (e.g. digital health, health promotion, disabilities, chronic diseases, cardiovascular risks, physiology, sports and exercise science, sensory systems)
- Data Sciences (e.g. health analytics, biostatistics, epidemiology, statistics)
- Health Professions (e.g. dietetics, nursing)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Intakes Hawthorn (January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December)
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 4 other PhDs in Health Management in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
CRICOS code 064191C
- Applicants must have completed at least four years (or equivalent) of tertiary education studies in a relevant discipline at a high level of achievement, and must have been approved for the award of the degree(s) for which they studied.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International37900 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37900 AUD per year during 48 months.
National30550 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30550 AUD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.