Aims and objectives
- Demonstrate systematic and critical understanding in one or more specialist fields or discipline areas by planning and generating a substantial and original contribution that advances scholarship or professional practice
- Effectively disseminate research outcomes to a variety of audiences using highly developed communication skills and work productively within a team of experts in the field
- Demonstrate autonomy, authoritative judgment, adaptability, leadership, initiative, resilience and responsibility of an expert and leading practitioner or scholar.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
As a Doctor of Philosophy candidate, you will undertake supervised research with the aim of making a significant and original contribution to a discipline or profession.
Candidates undertake research, which may be pure, exploratory, applied, experimental and/or creative, and are required to submit a written research thesis or a written research thesis including associated papers.
The examinable outcome will normally be equivalent to 70,000 to 100,000 words. Where the examinable outcome takes the form of a thesis, it is acknowledged that thesis length can vary according to the nature of the work and the discipline.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 5 other PhDs in Health Administration in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- CRICOS code 064191C
- To be eligible for admission into the Doctor of Philosophy (DR-INTHTHS) course, an applicant must have successfully completed:
- Master of Research (MR-INTHTHS) at Swinburne with a minimum H2A average (70% or higher)Confirmation of Candidature Review
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International38660 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38660 AUD per year during 36 months.
National31200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31200 AUD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.