Candidates undertake research, which may be pure, exploratory, experimental and/or creative, and are required to submit a written research thesis, a written research thesis including associated papers, or an artefact with an accompanying exegesis.
This program is suited to applicants who:
- have some prior research experience
- are interested in a pursuing a career in research
- have a desire to make an original contribution to research in a particular field
- have a naturally inquiring mind and a desire to know more
- wish to gain an internationally recognised qualification
- want to enhance their employment opportunities
Aims and objectives
The Doctor of Philosophy program has the objective of producing graduates with the capacity to conduct research independently at a high level of originality and quality.
Graduates will demonstrate a capacity to design, conduct and report sustained and original research. While the research is conducted under a supervisor students are expected to demonstrate the ability to work independently.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Graduates will demonstrate a capacity to design, conduct and report sustained and original research.
- While the research is conducted under a supervisor students are expected to demonstrate the ability to work independently.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Intakes Hawthorn (January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December)
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Business Information Systems View 5 other PhDs in Business Information Systems in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
CRICOS code: 064191C
- Applicants must have completed at least four years (or equivalent) of tertiary education studies in a relevant discipline at a high level of achievement, and must have been approved for the award of the degree(s) for which they studied
- A high level of achievement is defined as the equivalent of a four year Swinburne Honours degree that includes a significant research component in the fourth year, leading to an Honours degree class 1 (average grade between 80-100) or class 2A (average grade between 70-79) level
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International32200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32200 AUD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.