The PhD is ideal for candidates who wish to pursue a career in academia whereas the DBA is more appropriate for those who, after working for a few years, would like to advance their careers in industry by earning an advanced research degree.
PhD students need to take one course (Research Philosophy, Methodology and Methods) which aims to prepare PhD candidates for designing their study.
The course lasts 4 days and it is offered in the first year of studies. For the DBA students are required to take four courses (Personal and Organizational Reflections; Literature Review; Research Philosophy, Methodology and Methods; Analysis of Information). Students need to be physically present for the Research Philosophy, Methodology and Methods course and normally are expected to be present for the other three DBA courses (even though there is flexibility in this and it can be discussed at the time the courses are offered). Thesis length is similar for both degrees (80.000 words) but the difference is that for the DBA assessed work from courses may be included in the final word count.
Once accepted on the Business Administration programme from University of Nicosia , students are assigned three supervisors, one main and two secondary, who guide them throughout their studies. There are frequent progress reports to ensure students receive the guidance they need and that they are on track. Students are strongly encouraged to meet with their supervisors at regular intervals. After the course(s) is/are completed successfully, students prepare a final research proposal, which is a detailed document of length 7.500-10.000 words that outlines their research plan, clearly showing theoretical contribution, and methodological approach suggested. When this is approved by the relevant committee, they proceed with their research and register for their thesis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Philosophy, Methodology and Method
- Doctoral Course – Fall semester
- Doctoral Course – Spring semester
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Business Intelligence & Analytics International Business View 5 other Masters in Business Administration in Cyprus
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An accredited master’s degree
- Proof of English proficiency. This is provided by EITHER a degree from an English speaking university OR TOEFL (paper based test 600, computer based test 250, internet based test 100) OR IELTS 6.5.
- An initial 2000-word research proposal outlining the research theme, aim and objectives, possible gap/s and proposed research methodology
- A Personal Statement of 500 – 1000 words outlining applicants’ individual competences and strengths and providing their reflections regarding the expectations and value of the programme as well as to their personal advancement and career development
- Letters of Recommendation – Two recommendation letters from individuals who have known the applicant in their educational or professional capacity
- Good academic record
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13500 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13500 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.