- the most advanced knowledge of Computer Science and Information Technologies and Communications
- the most advanced and specialised skills and techniques, required to solve critical problems in research and/or innovation and to extend and redefine existing knowledge or professional practice in the broad area of Computer Science
- competences related to substantial authority, innovation, autonomy, scholarly and professional integrity
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Ph.D. holders in Computer Science will:
- be able to conceive, design, implement and adapt a substantial process of research
- have made a contribution through original research that extends the frontier of knowledge by developing a substantial body of work, some of which merits national or international refereed publication
- be capable of critical analysis, evaluation and synthesis of new and complex ideas
- be able to promote, within academic and professional contexts, technological, social or cultural advancement in a knowledge based society
- be able to work in Universities, Institutes of Higher Education and Research centers and organizations
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
Application Deadlines for European and Local Students - Please call the Office of Admissions
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data Web Technologies & Cloud Computing
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The minimum requirement for admission to the doctoral degree programme is a Master’s Degree and a Thesis Proposal. Applicants with a computer science related Master’s Degree and a strong Computer Science Bachelor’s Degree will also be considered.
In addition to the above, applicants must also satisfy the following requirements:
- Publications: Previous theses/dissertations and any published work of academic relevance (if any)
- Research work and published articles (if any);
- Statement of purpose
- Initial Research Proposal: An initial proposal (4,000 – 6,000 words) outlining the research topic, aims and objectives, research questions and proposed research methodology, substantiated by literature
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
EU/EEA4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
Living costs for Nicosia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.