Gulf Studies from Qatar University was developed in response to a growing need among stakeholders in the region for highly qualified graduates in the field of Gulf Studies and vastly growing general interest and focus on the Gulf region.
Students at Gulf Studies from Qatar University will:
- apply independent research skills.
- apply social science concepts from different disciplines to their study on the Gulf region.
- analyze the social and political dynamics of the Gulf States.
- critically analyze the tools used for studying the modern history of the Gulf.
- evaluate the modern Gulf in relation to either the economic, political, cultural or social setting in global context
- critically evaluate the processes that marked the historical development of modern states in the Gulf region
- Conceptual and Theoretical approaches to Gulf Studies
- Quantitative Research Methods in the Social Sciences
- Qualitative Research Methods in the Social Sciences
- Foreign Policy Analysis of the Gulf States
- Culture and Society in the Gulf
- Contemporary Issues in Gulf Studies
- Energy and Natural Recourses in the Gulf
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Successful completion of the two-year Qatar University MA in Gulf Studies OR a Master's degree in a related subject, or its equivalent, from an accredited university with an accumulative GPA of 3.0.
- The fulfillment of the requisite English language standard.
- The students must submit a thesis proposal (1000-1500 words) as part of their admissions process.
- Complete Online Admissions Application
- Final, official and certified university transcripts
- Statement of proposed thesis topic or general area of research (approximately 1500 words)
- Three confidential recommendation letters from professors or employers
- Curriculum Vitae (C.V.)
- Health Certificate
- Photocopy of the applicant’s Qatar ID card (Non-Qatari applicants must provide a copy of their passport)
- Two recent identical passport-size photographs with white background
- Application Fees
- Standardized test scores (e.g. GRE, GMAT)
International9040 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 452 EUR per credit during 36 months.
National9040 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 452 EUR per credit during 36 months.
QR 2,000 per credit hour
Living costs for Doha
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.