Engineering - Computer Science (Research-based – Research Intensive) from Qatar University aims to provide students with intensive advanced training in research that leads to the highest level of scholarly achievement and enable them to conduct research independently to address new challenges as innovators.
Students at Engineering - Computer Science (Research-based – Research Intensive) from Qatar University will:
- enhance competencies in contributing to the existing body of knowledge, innovation, and creation of new knowledge and techniques.
- equip themselves with strong theoretical and methodological foundations and to develop their ability to conduct research independently.
- Visual Computing
- Network Security
- Distributed Systems and Cloud Computing
- Information Security
- Big Data Analytics
- Algorithm Design and modeling
- Machine Learning
- Special Topics in Computer Science
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences Software Engineering
- Completed a Master’s degree in a related field - GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 for Masters degree work from a university or college accredited by an international accrediting association or by the Ministry of Higher Education or equivalent in that country.
- Achieved a minimum score of 68 in TOEFL iBT or equivalent test taken within 2 years of the start of the intended semester of admission.
- An acceptable score on GRE
- Official Graduation Statement
- 2 confidential recommendation letters from professors or employers
- Curriculum Vitae with personal statement
- Health Certificate issued inside Qatar
- Proposed thesis topic or general area of research
- Photocopy of the applicant's Qatar ID card (Non-Qatari applicants must also provide a copy of their passport; international students please refer to International Students Website)
- Two (2) recent identical passport size photographs (size 4 x 6 cm) with white background
- Application Fees
International9040 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 452 EUR per credit during 36 months.
National9040 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 452 EUR per credit during 36 months.
QR 2,000 per credit hour
Living costs for Doha
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.