About the program
A team of top international academics and business leaders teach and supervise students providing a balance of intellectual, professional and industry-based knowledge and experience.
The Business Administration program of the American University of Nigeria focuses on entrepreneurship, innovation, contemporary business strategies, leadership and key business responsibilities. These are set forward in the context of the economic and social development needs of the African continent.
Benefits of the program
The PhD program provides graduate education in business administration to develop and deepen the spirit of in-depth questioning in the students for teaching, research, and management responsibilities in public and private sectors of national and global economies.
Our students graduate with advanced knowledge, skills and abilities that are firmly rooted in a rigorous curriculum which promotes engaged learning in critical thinking and analysis, decision-making, advanced management and marketing theory, problem solving, teamwork, communica- tion and leadership, etc.
Graduates from the program will enjoy careers in the private or public sector as academics, researchers, innovators, consultants, leaders of business enterprises, heads of non-governmental organizations and much more.
- It is important to note that while we value the need for students to actively undergo the coursework requirements of the program, we emphasize that satisfactory completion of coursework is not the primary objective of the PhD program. It is mandatory for each student to demonstrate mastery of the specific area of interest, write and publish quality articles in credible peer-reviewed journals and conference proceedings; and produce a quality original disser- tation that contributes to the existing body of knowledge.
- The program is rigorous but also provides flexible timing for busy professionals to advance their careers.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Applicants must submit the following materials to the Graduate Admissions Office:
- A completed application form
- Graduation certificate with verifiable grades and required grade point average
- Official transcript from each university attended
- Copies of all certificates of each university attended
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation
- Evidence of payment of application fee
- A current Curriculum Vitae
- A personal statement of purpose
- NYSC Certificate
- Research Proposal (PhD).
International8655 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8655 USD per year during 48 months.
National8655 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8655 USD per year during 48 months.
- 3,300,000.00 NGN
Living costs for Yola
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.