- The emphasis of your work will be to perform independent research, usually as part of a project. The details will depend on the field chosen. It is expected that you publish your results in international scientific journals and that you write a PhD thesis, which will also be published. All of this work will be done under the supervision of your thesis advisor. Upon successful completion, you are awarded the title "Doctor of Sciences (Dr. sc. ETH Zurich)”.
- The Physics programme is offered at the ETH Zurich - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology
Programme StructureThe research plan includes the following information:
- Brief description of research topics
- Scope / goals of intended research work
- Content of planned research and time frame
- Results and progress to date
- Teaching tasks (optional)
- Further duties (optional).
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPhysics Natural Sciences View 6 other PhDs in Natural Sciences in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
In principle, all university graduates with a Master’s degree or an equivalent university degree can apply for admission to doctoral studies.With the following degrees an admission is not possible:
- Degrees from universities of applied science
- Master’s degrees from university continuing education departments (MAS, DAS, etc.)
- Any kind of MBA (Master of Business Administration)
- Bachelor's and/or Bachelor Honours degrees
International266 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1065 EUR for the full programme during 48 months.
National266 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1065 EUR for the full programme during 48 months.
- 1200 CHF.
Living costs for Zürich
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.