- #701 Ranking
- Public Institution Type
1950 - the Medical Academy was established. It comprised the Faculty of Medicine with the Dentistry Division and the Faculty of Pharmacy. In March 1950 the name of institution was changed into Medical University of Warsaw.
The Medical University of Warsaw provides general and specialty training at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Students learn at our six clinical teaching hospitals who provide general and tertiary medical care to patients. Our students and staff also conduct scientific and clinical research at these hospitals as well as are involved in a number of clinical academic departments located in other hospitals in Warsaw.
MUW offers 19 degree programs including 3 full-time degree programs in English: Dentistry, Medicine, Pharmacy.
The University has scientific research cooperation with many universities and research institutions in Europe, especially Germany, France, Sweden, Netherlands, Austria and Great Britain. At present this cooperation is also being developed with other foreign partners from Europe, USA and Asia – China, India, Malaysia and Japan.
The university provides fully furnished and equipped double rooms with kitchen and bathroom in the university residence - Dom Studenta BIS 2, ul. Karolkowa 84. However, the number of rooms for exchange students in the student house is limited. The university can assist in searching for private accommodation in Warsaw in case of problems with getting a room in the student residence.
Our University has its own library situated near the Anatomy building which contains around 450,000 volumes including scientific journals, CDs and video-cassettes.
Our hospitals are outfitted with modern diagnostic and treatment equipment including but not limited to: CAT scans, MRI, PET, and DSAs. The hospitals also have ultrasound equipment, diagnostic laboratories and state-of-the-art equipment for radiation therapy and surgery.
Recent years are characterized by a dynamic development of the Medical University of Warsaw (MUW), which is now the largest medical school in Poland. On May 29th, 2000, a Senate resolution decided on the formation of a new Faculty, the Faculty of Health Sciences with three Divisions – Nursing, Midwifery and Nutrition. In 2002, the Faculty of Postgraduate Education was established.
The University offers a wide range of various activities – sports groups, dance groups, athletic and fitness facilities, as well as a swimming pool.