History
In the 1930s, the University's name was changed to the University of Portland, the St. Vincent Hospital School of Nursing became part of the University as the College of Nursing, and the School of Business was created.
In 1948, the School of Engineering was created. The University established its Graduate School in 1950 and the School of Education in 1962.