Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
UCL’s Research Excellence Scholarship (UCL-RES) is the new prestigious scholarship which aims to attract outstanding scholars to undertake doctoral research at UCL.
The UCL-RES scholarship consists of full fees (either Home or Overseas) plus a maintenance stipend which increases each year with inflation.
The scholarship also includes additional research costs of up to £1,200 per year for the stated duration of the programme.
In order to APPLY, you must:
- Have submitted an application to, or currently be registered on, a full- or part-time research degree programme at UCL by the scholarship deadline;
- Holding or expected to achieve at least an upper second-class Honours UK undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification;
- Be liable to pay tuition fees at the overseas rate (Overseas fee status).
In order to be AWARDED IF SELECTED, you must:
- Be in receipt of an offer of admission to, or currently be registered on, a full- or part-time research degree programme at UCL.
- You may apply if you are a current student, but if you are entering your third year of research you will normally only be considered for funding in exceptional circumstances.
Study experience required
Step 1 - apply for admission to UCL
Step 2 - submit your scholarship application documents to your department