Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
The Provost Dissertation Scholarship is awarded to assist outstanding doctoral students in their final year of doctoral study to concentrate exclusively on and complete their dissertations.
It is designed for students who have made significant progress on the research and writing of their dissertations to facilitate timely degree completion.
Up to six awards of up to $22,500 (must be held over a minimum of 2 terms to receive full value)
Program fees will be covered for both domestic and international students
$1,000 Research Allowance to support you and your research, and,
$1,000 Completion Bonus (within 6 weeks of completion of the award, upon submission of the dissertation, and all revisions, via the ETD system)
- Full-time registered York doctoral student;
- Both domestic and international students are eligible;
- The applicant must have completed all required course work and other program requirements except the dissertation, and have a dissertation proposal approved by the Dean of the Faculty of Graduate Studies;
- FGS will confirm approval of dissertation proposal after submission of nomination
- The applicant must have completed no more than 48 months (4 years) of full-time doctoral studies at York University at the start of the award, which is normally the fall term following the award adjudication.
- Approved disability accommodations will be taken into account.
Study experience required
Students must complete the Award Submission Portal with the following information:
The applicant's statement section should outline outline their research and plans for completion of the dissertation within the year;
Upload required material(s), merged into one PDF file
1) an up-to-date CV
2) a copy of transcripts (an unofficial transcript or records from student account are acceptable)
3) a letter from the supervisor commenting on nominee’s progress on the dissertation to date, and the plan for completion during the term of the Scholarship.