Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
- living expenses
- travel expenses
- spouse child care
Purposes: The main objective of the programme is to strenghten the internationalisation of Estonian higher education institutions and employability of their graduates
The scholarship includes living and travel allowances based on fixed unit prices:
o The exact amount of living allowance depends on the cost of living in the destination country. Living allowance is paid 12 months per year.
o The amount of travel allowance depends on the distance to the destination city. The travel allowance is paid once in every six months.
The tuition fee can be reimbursed in well-founded cases and reasonable amounts. The justifiability of the tuition fees is evaluated together with the overall scholarship application and this decision cannot be changed at the later stage.
Additionally and on the basis of individual need, the scholarship may include the cost of health insurance, monthly allowance for dependent children, travel allowance for dependent children and one-time participation in a conference.
- The scholarship can be applied for by Estonian citizens and persons who live in Estonia with a long term residence permit, who as of the time of submitting the application have been admitted to the doctoral or master’s programme of a university abroad or have a confirmation from the respective university that they have submitted the documents required for admission.
- The applicant must be able to speak Estonian on a communication level.
- This scholarship is open to individuals beginning or continuing their studies at PhD or Master’s level at a recognized university abroad and willing to work in Estonia after graduation.
- Both full and part-time doctoral and master’s studies can be supported.
- The scholarships are open to applicants from all subject areas.
- The grantee will be required to defend the MA or PhD thesis at the selected university and to work 3 years after graduation in a professional capacity where a PhD or MA degree in the relevant field is required. The work period in Estonia may be replaced by an assignment abroad that benefits Estonia directly.
In case the requirement is not fulfilled, the half of the paid scholarship shall be returned.
This scholarship cannot be applied to study in Estonian universities.
Study experience required
Scholarship applications are accepted once a year. The application with all the required annexes shall be submitted electronically.