Biotechnology from Catholic University of Portugal is designed to provide the development of skills in the areas of Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology, Engineering, and in other relevant areas of Biotechnology. Graduates of the programme are prepared to perform in academic and/or professional contexts, as much in terms of the social and cultural context as of the technological one.
Students at Biotechnology from Catholic University of Portugal will be able to demonstrate:
- A systematic understanding of Biotechnology in its many forms and subsectors;
- Capacity to perform, the various methodologies employed in the disciplines which make up the general area of Biotechnology;
- The ability to conceive, design, adapt and perform novel scientific research in Biotechnology, according to the requirements imposed by the highest standards of academic quality;
- The ability to critically analyze, evaluate and synthesize new and complex ideas in Biotechnology;
- The ability to play an active role in knowledge and technology transfer between university and business companies, demonstrating entrepreneurship skills;
- The ability to communicate with peers, the academic community, companies and society in general.
- Food Science and Engineering,
- Environmental Sciences and Engineering,
- Microbiology and Chemistry
The target population of this PhD programme are graduate students, either finalizing their university studies or already engaged in a professional career, willing to improve their expertise and research skills in Biotechnology, mainly in domains related with Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology or Engineering.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology General Engineering & Technology View 45 other PhDs in General Engineering & Technology in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- hold of a Master's degree or equivalent legal; hold a bachelor degree and an academic or scientific curriculum that is recognized as relevant attesting the capacity to carry out this cycle of studies by the national scientific and legal statutorily competent body; or a recognized academic, scientific or professional curriculum, attesting ability to complete this cycle studies by the scientific body statutorily competent.
- Students must show language (English) skills
- Filled application form
- Copy of the identification number
- Copy of the VAT number
- Authenticated copy of the official academic transcripts
- Provisional plan of the research work, including: the scientific basis detail, the methodology and predictable goals and proposed supervisor or supervisors
- Declaration of acceptance by the supervisor or supervisors
- Other elements that the candidate considers relevant for the assessment of his/her application
International4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 EUR per year during 48 months.
National4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Lisbon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.