Electrical and Computer Engineering from Universidade Nova de Lisboa complements the basic training of candidates for the improvement of studies and research and development in emerging areas of knowledge. Upon completion of the course of study, candidates will be able to lead, with scientific rigor and technological and methodological present, processes involving analysis, design, modeling, production and operation of advanced and innovative systems in the field of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
Doctors in Electrical and Computer Engineering will further career opportunities in research centers or research and development associated with public and private institutions, and the institutions of higher education.
- Scientific Research Methodologies and Techniques
- Entrepreneurship Methods
- Doctoral Conference
- Research Planning
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- 24th april to 17th july (1st phase)
- 14th december to 29th january (3rd phase)
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering General Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences View 11 other PhDs in Computer Sciences in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Qualifications certificate listing the obtained grades;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Statement of Intent (Letter of Intent) in which the candidate explains why he/she is interested in doing this PhD program;
- Application form
- Possess an MSc degree or equivalent in Electrical and Computer Engineering or related areas with a grade of at least 14 out of 20 (70%);
- Possess a first degree Electrical and Computer Engineering or related areas and a scholar or scientific curriculum recognized as adequate by the Council of the Electrical Engineering Department;
- Possess a scholar, professional or scientific curriculum recognized as adequate by the Council of the Electrical Engineering Department.
- The candidates must be fluent in English, both in speaking and writing. In duly justified cases the Scientific Committee might accept candidates that do not satisfy this condition.
International2750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2750 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA2750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2750 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Lisbon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.