The Classics and Ancient History programme from University of Bristol is particularly well known for reception studies, which it pioneered in Britain, and interdisciplinary approaches to the study of antiquity. As a research student you will be a member of a thriving and dynamic community.
A large number of graduates from this programme develop careers in higher education or work on high-level research projects in the field of classics and ancient history; some graduates go on to careers in museum education and journalism.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Members of the department carry out research across the whole range of classical studies: Greek and Latin literature, ancient history and historiography, visual culture, philosophy and reception.
- Our work is characterised by a particular focus on interdisciplinary approaches and theoretical questions, and by an interest in the globalisation of classics.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History General Studies & Classics View 29 other Masters in Ancient History in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A master's qualification, or be working towards a master's qualification, or international equivalent. Applicants without a master's qualification may be considered on an exceptional basis, provided they hold a first-class undergraduate degree (or international equivalent).
- Applicants with a non-traditional background may be considered provided they can demonstrate substantial equivalent and relevant experience that has prepared them to undertake their proposed course of study.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18900 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
National4475 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4475 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
- UK: part-time£2,238
- Channel Islands/Isle of Man: full-time£9,475
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.