The department collaborates with more than 30 industrial organisations and has been successful in attracting substantial research funding from diverse sources in the UK, Europe and overseas.
Students from the Electrical and Electronic Engineering programme offered by the University of Bristol typically go into a variety of careers, including working in research or academic roles at universities in the UK and overseas. A large number of students go on to work in industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Areas of research included:
- Antenna design and fabrication
- Channel measurement and prediction
- Information theory and advanced wireless access
- Broadband wireless (including 4G cellular)
- Network architectures and cross-layer interaction
- Gigabit wireless local/personal area networks
- Computational electromagnetics
- RF technologies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 46 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline: 31 August
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 84 other PhDs in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Bristol and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- PhD applicants must hold/achieve the minimum award level of a master's degree (or international equivalent) in a relevant discipline. Applicants without a master's qualification may be considered on an exceptional basis, provided they hold a first-class undergraduate degree. Please note, acceptance will also depend on evidence of readiness to pursue a research degree.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25300 GBP per year during 46 months.
National4665 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4665 GBP per year during 46 months.
UK: part-time (two years)
- £2,332 per year
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.