As a city, Bristol is known for its concentration of high-technology industry. Computers, communications and microelectronics are well represented, alongside digital media, computer games and electronic commerce. The department has close relationships with many of these organisations via collaborative projects, staff secondments and visiting industrial staff.
The Computer Science programme from University of Bristol can open doors to many different stimulating commercial or academic careers. Graduates have become part of new and existing world-class research groups, as well as joining highly rewarding careers in a variety of industries around the world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Visual Information Laboratory
- Cryptography and Information Security
- Cyber Security
- Intelligent Systems
- Bristol Interaction Group
- Theory and Algorithms
- Trustworthy Systems Laboratory
- T-B PHASE Prosperity Partnership
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- We welcome applications at any time of year.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 15 other PhDs in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- PhD applicants must hold/achieve a minimum of a master's degree (or international equivalent) in a relevant discipline. Applicants without a master's qualification may be considered on an exceptional basis, provided they hold a first-class undergraduate degree. Please note, acceptance will also depend on evidence of readiness to pursue a research degree.
- MSc by Research applicants must hold/achieve a minimum of an upper second-class honours degree (or international equivalent) in a relevant discipline and demonstrate readiness to pursue a research degree.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24600 GBP per year during 36 months.
National4565 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4565 GBP per year during 36 months.
- UK: part-time £2,283
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.