The most recent UK-wide research assessment, REF2014, rated 78 per cent of the school's research in business and management as 'world leading' or 'internationally excellent'.
Candidates entering the PhD programme are normally required to take 60 credit points of taught units in their first year and to participate in PhD workshops and reading groups. Students are also encouraged to undertake further training in agreement with their supervisor for the duration of their studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The main research themes reflect the interests of staff members. The particular strengths of the department lie in applied financial econometrics, empirical finance, financial reporting and auditing, management accounting, public sector accounting and accounting for sustainability.
- In considering your application, significant weight will be given to the extent to which you can demonstrate a clearly thought out and specific interest in research and how this would fit into the wider context of research undertaken in the department.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
- 84 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Applications will be considered in four rounds; please check back for the closing date of each round.
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Accounting View 37 other PhDs in Finance in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An upper second-class or first-class honours degree in a related subject (or equivalent qualification), and a master's degree in a related subject either attained or underway at the time of application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18900 GBP per year during 48 months.
National4475 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4475 GBP per year during 48 months.
- UK: part-time£2,238
- Channel Islands/Isle of Man: full-time£9,475
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.