The Communication programme of the Pompeu Fabra University is taught within the Doctoral School.
This training is geared towards the research lines in the six research groups associated with the Department of Communication, in collaboration with groups and departments at other Spanish and international universities and companies and institutions in the sector.
Lines of research:Research Unit in Audiovisual Communication (UNICA)
- Critical Communication Research Group (CRITTIC)
- Research Group MEDIUM (MEDIUM)
- Research Group in Science Communication (GRECC)
- Research Group in Political Communication Media and Democracy (POLCOM)
- Research Group in Digital Documentation and Interactive Communication (DIGIDOC)
- Research Group in Journalism (GRP)
- Collective of Aesthetic Research in Audiovisual Media (CINEMA)
- Communication, Advertising and Society (CAS)
- Research Group on Youth, Society and Communication (JOVIS)
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesJournalism Media Studies & Mass Media Public Relations
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An accredited undergraduate degree
- An accredited graduate/master's degree
- A photocopy of the undergraduate degree/diploma or Certification/proof of degree completion
- A photocopy of the official final undergraduate transcript, with a weighed score from 1 to 4
- Two letters of recommendation
- Research Proposal in Catalan, Spanish or English.
- Language skills declaration
- Curriculum Vitae
- Identity Card or Passport
- A signed declaration of obtaining your graduate/master's degree before the commencement of the PhD programme
International401 EUR/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 401 EUR per module during 36 months.
EU/EEA401 EUR/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 401 EUR per module during 36 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.