Applied Informatics at Prague University of Economics and Busines is primarily aimed at successful elaboration and defence of a highstandard doctoral thesis, in which theoretical knowledge including an overview of world trends is combined with practical findings.
The high professional quality of the PhD students is mainly achieved through their involvement in research projects of the individual departments, including international cooperation.
Successful graduates can find their place within universities, large corporations, but also in public administration. Beside solid familiarity with concrete information technologies they are also characterized by their interdisciplinary view, exact thinking and the capability to formulate and manage complex tasks accomplished in a team collaboration.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Economic environment and informatics
IS/IT as a tool for competitiveness of an organisation
Business information strategy
The role of system integrators; various IS/IT architectures
Outsourcing in informatics
Modern software development methodologies (such as agile approaches)
Advanced techniques of data processing (knowledge discovery from databases and web, integration of semantically described data etc.).
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Appendix to the application
- Declaration of previous and parallel studies
- Structured CV,
- Proof of achieved university education,
- Research project proposal (name of supervisor has to be included; Applied Informatics – length approx. 5 pages; Econometrics and Operations Research, Statistics – length approx. 2 pages).
- Applicants have to pass the admission exam.
- Applicants have to fill in an online application form and pay the application fee (50 EUR – PhD programs taught in English, 810 CZK – PhD programs taught in Czech)
- Present an approximately 5 pages long document in English as a basis for the discussion during the admission exam
International5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Prague
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.