The doctoral studies programme in Biological Diversity and Ecology from University of Göttingen leads to a Ph.D. or a doctorate.
The graduates of the doctoral studies programme will become the next generation of scientists at scientific institutes of research and teaching, such as universities, Max Planck Institutes, as well as regional and national laboratories and centres of research.
Furthermore, they can work in executive positions with the administration and agencies concerned with the environment or nature conservation, as well as with national and international organisations in the areas of conservation or agronomy/forestry.
- The central object of the doctoral studies programme is the production of a dissertation.
- Interdisciplinary or subject-related activities (courses, colloquiums, etc.)
- Main areas of study and research with the 19 professorships associated with the Göttingen Centre for Biodiversity and Ecology
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Usually, there are no fixed deadlines for these applications.
DisciplinesBiology Natural Sciences Ecology View 17 other PhDs in Biology in Germany
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A university degree is a general prerequisite to qualify for admission to doctoral studies. Usually, a final grade point average of at least 2.5 on the German grading scale (which equals good or B+) or an examination graded "cum laude" is required.
- If you earned your degree abroad, the PhD Commission of the faculty will decide on its recognition. The Commission will also check whether other proof of academic qualifications is required to meet the admission requirements for the doctoral procedure.
- Find an academic supervisor
- Clear out the financial aspects of your doctoral studies
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Göttingen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.