The PhD Program in Business Administration at the Stockholm School of Economics has a history of over 50 years. Our overall purpose is to give the doctoral student a deepened and broadened theoretical and methodological knowledge, alongside the experience of having completed a substantial piece of original scientific work.
The conferral of the PhD in Business Administration signifies that the candidate has attained expert competence in a major field of study.
We offer program research areas in:
- Asian Economy and Business
- Consumer Behaviour
- Digitalization and Information Systems
- International Business
- International Marketing
- Managerial Finance
- Media and Business
- Operations Management
- Public Administration
- Retail Analytics
- Sustainable Business
- Contemporary Leadership Studies
- Publishing in Peer-reviewed Journals
- Methods for Empirical Analysis
- Organization Theory: Contemporary Approaches
- Accounting Classics
- Empirical Corporate Finance
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
1. Proven academic record
We require a university level degree and one year of Master level studies or the equivalent.
2. Business Administration courses
3. GMAT or GRE test
4. Proof of proficiency in English
5. Motivation & supporting attachments
- Resume / full CV
- Photocopy of your valid passport (if from a country outside the EU/EFTA), or a photocopy of your valid ID card (if from the EU/EFTA)
- Official Transcripts for College/University Degrees and Courses, and Degree Certificates
- A Statement of Purpose
- At least two contacts for recommendation
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 60 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 60 months.
Living costs for Stockholm
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
All admitted PhD students receive a scholarship from the SSE, and are guaranteed funding throughout the PhD program, conditional upon satisfactory performance as determined by the faculty. The current scholarship amount is SEK 15 000 per month for the first year and SEK 16 000 per month from the second year. Compensation increases in later years of the program.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.