The PhD Program in Business Administration at the Stockholm School of Economics has a history of over 50 years. Our overall purpose is to give the doctoral student a deepened and broadened theoretical and methodological knowledge, alongside the experience of having completed a substantial piece of original scientific work.
The conferral of the PhD in Business Administration signifies that the candidate has attained expert competence in a major field of study.
We offer program research areas in:
- Asian Economy and Business
- Consumer Behaviour
- Digitalization and information systems
- International Business
- International Marketing
- Managerial Finance
- Media and Business
- Operations Management
- Public Administration
- Retail Analytics
- Sustainable Business
- Topics in Econometrics: Methods and Applications
- Quantitative Data Exploration and Manipulation
- Developing Teaching Excellence
- Reflexive and Creative Methodology
- The Research Process
- Perspectives on Science and Research
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A university level degree and one year of Master level studies or the equivalent.
- At least three semesters of Business Administration courses (90 ECTS) including a thesis worth at least 15 ECTS
- GMAT or GRE test
- Proof of proficiency in English
- Motivation & supporting attachments
All admitted PhD students receive a scholarship from the SSE, and are guaranteed funding throughout the PhD program
Living costs for Stockholm
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
All admitted PhD students receive a scholarship from the SSE, and are guaranteed funding throughout the PhD program, conditional upon satisfactory performance as determined by the faculty. The current scholarship amount is SEK 15 000 per month for the first year and SEK 16 000 per month from the second year. Compensation increases in later years of the program.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.