Literary Studies from Eötvös Loránd University is proposing to prepare students for obtaining the doctoral (PhD) degree through helping them to gain mastery in scholarly research and writing, encouraging their conference participation, and creating the opportunity for them to take part in the various activities of the home-department.
Having a doctoral degree from the various fields of literary studies prepares the students for high quality academic work, with special skills in languages and literary history, such as trains them to teach at university, and gives experiences in scholarly project work.
- Research Institutes,
- Press and Media,
- Publishing Companies
- Comparative Literature
- The Hungarian and European Renaissance
- The Hungarian Baroque
- The Hungarian and European Enlightenment
- Hungarian Modernism
- Hungarian Literature after 1945
- The Folklore and Literature of the Uralic Peoples
- Library Studies
- Hungarian and Comparative Folklore
- Medieval and Early Modern English Literature and Culture
- Modern English and American Literature and Culture
- Gender in English and American Literature and Culture
- American Studies
- French Literature
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Master's diploma with qualification (minimum with 'good' qualification)
- Minimum level of language proficiency (oral) (A1-C2): B2
- Minimum level of language proficiency (written) (A1-C2): B2
- Online application form
- Master-level degree
- Research work plan
- Letter of recommendation
- Language certificate
- Letter of acceptance from the future supervisor
International4400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2200 EUR per semester during 48 months.
EU/EEA840 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 420 EUR per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Budapest
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.