The Course offers teaching and research activities in a broad spectrum of fields of biology and is organized in four curricula: Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Cell Biology and Physiology, Evolution, Ecology and Conservation and Genetics, Genomics and Bioinformatics.
The PhD will perform research activity under the supervision of one or more faculty members. Research can be conducted in the labs of the Biology Department and at the Botanical Garden in Padova and, in Chioggia, at our Marine Station located on the Venice lagoon.
Available lines of research cover several topics of biology, ranging from basic to applied research, and are performed both in model organisms in laboratory and in non-model organisms in the field. All the different levels of biological organization, from molecules to individuals and from cells to ecosystems, are covered.
The Biosciences Ph.D. program at The University of Padova promotes the integration of different disciplines including biochemistry, bioinformatics, molecular biology, cellular biology, developmental biology, genetics, botany, plant biology, zoology, animal anatomy, physiology, anthropology, eco-toxicology, ecology, evolutionary biology, philosophy and history of biology.
The inter disciplinary competences offered by the Ph.D. Course allow the establishment of lines of research with direct socio-economic impact such as, for example, in modeling and investigating mechanisms of diseases, in developing of novel energy production tools with biofuel, in the monitoring of invasive species and conservation genetics, and in fishery management.
The Course is based at the Vallisneri Interdepartmental Complex, a stimulating environment that also hosts the Department of Biomedical Sciences and the Department of Molecular Medicine. The scientific community is extremely lively and multifaceted, with a large offer of Seminars, Joint programs and Plenary Lectures.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biochemistry and Biotechnology
- Cell Biology and Physiology
- Evolution, Ecology and Conservation
- Genetics, Genomics and Bioinformatics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Anyone in possession of the following, regardless of nationality, may apply to take part in the selection process:
- diploma di laurea (pre-reform regime);
- laurea specialistica/magistrale (post-reform regime);
- Second-level academic qualifications awarded by AFAM (Higher Education in Art and Music) institutions.
- Admission is by competition which is open to people of all ages and citizienship who already have a Diploma di Laurea (vecchio ordinamento) or Laurea Specialistica/Magistrale (nuovo ordinamento), issued in Italy, or an academic qualification of equivalent level issued by a foreign University and recognized by the academic authorities, or by inter-university agreement of cooperation and mobility.
International376 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 188 EUR per semester and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA376 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 188 EUR per semester and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.