About the Program
The teaching and research in the Materials Sciences and Technologies program of the Óbuda University aims at understanding the relations among the structure and the properties of the materials, and at developing new structural and functional materials, by integrating various areas of sciences. Special emphasis is given to macromolecular systems, in particular to environmentally advantageous natural raw materials. The activities of the Doctoral School also cover advanced metals, ceramics, composites and micro- and nano-structured materials.
The teachers and the supervisors in the Doctoral School are the teachers and researchers with outstanding scientific records from the three faculties of Óbuda University (Sándor Rejtő Faculty of Light Industry and Evironmental Engineering, Kálmán Kandó Faculty of Electrical Engineering, and Donát Bánki Faculty of Mechanical and Safety Engineering) and further outstanding teachers and researchers invited from other Hungarian universities and from several research institutes of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
The students of the Doctoral School, due to the complex character of materials sciences, must be engineering or science graduates with a deep M.Sc. level knowledge in materials sciences, and must prove their knowledge and suitability at an entrance examination.
The Doctoral School is accredited by the Hungarian Accreditation Board.
Research areas include:
- Micro- and nano-structures
- Environmental protection
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 5 other PhDs in Materials Science & Engineering in Hungary
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants for the PhD Degree program must hold an MSc, MPhil or equivalent degree issued by an academic institution and must possess an overall understanding of and a high competence in their field of knowledge and be familiar with cognitive disciplines.
- Excellent grades (mostly A's), an excellent MSc (or equivalent), a final project, and/or the achievement of good initial results in research – depending on the length of time between the obtaining of the Master's degree and the time of the application.
- Applicants working on their Master's project can be admitted conditionally.
- For applicants who have already spent a few years in scientific or engineering practice since their first postgraduate degree, their achievements during this time will be considered in addition to their graduation results.
- Besides their professional achievements, applicants should also demonstrate a sense of responsibility for the advancement of scientific knowledge.
Living costs for Budapest
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.