With an emphasis on building a scholarly community of learners, the program is cohort-based and accepts 12 students annually. The Distance Education program at the Athabasca University is delivered at a distance, with the exception of an initial onsite 5-day orientation workshop at the beginning of the first year of study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Topics and Issues in Distance Education
- Advanced Research in Education
- Teaching and Learning in Distance Education
- Leadership and Project Management in Distance Education
- Research Seminar
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 8 other Masters in Education in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants for the Master of Education and Post-Baccalaureate Certificate & Diplomas programs must hold a baccalaureate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- If the potential applicant does not have a degree, but believes his or her education and experience is equivalent to an undergraduate degree, then it is the responsibility of the applicant to put forward this position in writing as part of the application process.
- As an open university, we are committed to flexibilty and accessibility.
- Students have several options to gain experience and confidence with online graduate studies.
International11236 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 44944 CAD for the full programme and a duration of 48 months.
National11236 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 44944 CAD for the full programme and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.